Veterans Day

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I am thankful to be college educated although I’m a girl.
I am thankful that I have the freedom to say that Democrats suck and Republicans suck.
I am thankful that I am in charge of my own body and my reproductive choices.
I am thankful that I can have a trial by jury, as well as due process and other lawyer fancypants words I don’t understand.
I am thankful that my children will have opportunities to achieve anything they set their minds to.

The freedoms and luxuries I enjoy are fought for and protected every day by all the heroes serving in our military, and all the families that support them and sacrifice right along with them.

So thank you to my Army World War II vet grandfather.
Thank you to my Air Force Vietnam-era vet father.
Thank you to my Army Korean War vet father-in-law.
Thank you to all of my uncles who served in various branches of the military.
Thank you to my mom’s cousin who did not make it home from Vietnam.
Thank you to the family whose Iraq War veteran son is buried near Sam and Emilie.
Thank you to all the families at Ft. Hood.
Thank you to all the parents managing their households while their spouses are away keeping my family safe.
Thank you to ALL of the soldiers who are currently serving or have served around the world.

Happy Veterans Day.

1 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Beautiful. You are a master of the art of words, Jennifer. Thank you for reminding me of all the freedoms we have to be thankful for.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP