Budding Artistes

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Henry and Eleanor have liked to draw and color with crayons throughout their toddlerhood, but their interest has seemed to pick up recently. Especially Eleanor, who lately has either tinkered with her MagnaDoodle or asked for crayons almost every day. Both kids are making the shift from baby scribbles to taking care with what they draw and trying to form a good representation of it. Yeah, there are still lots of scribbles, but they’re more purposeful scribbles.

Here’s the art from today’s MagnaDoodle session; one creation by Henry and two by Eleanor.




The best part is asking them to describe what they’ve drawn. Here’s the artwork again, with some descriptions as given to me by the artistes themselves.

Whale by Henry

Sorry about the owie, Mr. Whale. A harpoon stab, perhaps? Luckily Mr. Whale made a full recovery; Henry explained to me that he kissed the whale’s owie and made him feel better.

Fish by Eleanor

I think Eleanor has done an impressive job really capturing the essence of the great Toupeed Fish. They’re so elusive in the wild.

Lion by Eleanor

I know I’m her mom, but she’s pretty decent for a two-year-old, isn’t she? Although apparently fish aren’t the only creatures in the animal kingdom to wear toupees.

1 comments:

Molly Harris said...

When my son Alex was about 2 he had a magnadoodle. I will never forget it. I was at my in-laws house and my mother-in-law was upsetting me like she always does and Alex drew me a picture on his magnadoodle and brought it to me. It looked exactly like the Eiffel tower! (I told you about my previous appreciation for the Eiffel Tower.) I never gave the magnadoodle back to him. We never erased it. I still have it on my dresser 5 years later. Somedays I still can't believe that I've managed to keep it that long. I still think it looks like the Eiffel Tower too! Kids drawings are the best!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP