I ♥ You, Steve Jobs

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So I’ve been thinking about technology a lot lately. I find it amazing what I’ve experienced in just in my lifetime. I grew up on Atari, guiding Pac-Man’s circle around and around the same screen to gobble up the little square dots. Now I see commercials for Xbox games that look like movies, they’re so life-like. Just five or so years ago I snapped photos and then had to wait for the film to be developed. Now I can take a hundred photos and have them uploaded to the internet and shared with family in a matter of minutes. We didn’t even have computers in school until I was in fifth grade. Remember the floppy disks that were actually floppy? Now my computer looks like just a thin monitor and



Oh, sorry, got distracted there for a second. Where was I? It boggles my mind to think of how quickly things have changed in just two or three decades. It makes me wonder what Henry and Eleanor will see in their lifetimes. What will their homes look like when they’re adults? How thin will their TVs be? When they chat with me via Skype version 287-or-whatever-they’re-up-to-in-2043, will I just appear as a hologram in their



Okay, fine. The reason I’ve had technology on the brain lately is because I got an iPhone. AND IT IS PRETTY. I have a photo of a guy on a car phone, taken during a 1980s trip to New York, because I had never seen one before. It was all big and bulky and had a twisty curlicue cord dangling down, like the dude had taken it off the wall in his kitchen. Today I have a phone that will pinpoint my exact location on a map, turn into a light saber, show me the latest headlines, and yeah, make phone calls, too. Call me a geek, but I find it almost magical.

AND DID I MENTION IT’S SO PRETTY?



(random side note P.S. So apparently the 40th birthday of Sesame Street is actually today, not last week? I read a few articles that led me to believe it was last week, and then Google didn’t help matters with its Sesame Street logos. I guess I shouldn’t complain about Christmas creep when I obviously instigated Birthday creep.)

1 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

lol. What program do you edit your pictures on? I love your use of neon fonts.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP