Sister, Sister

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last fall my little sister Julie moved 1,886 miles away to Portland. I really really really miss her. Luckily for me, she was in Indy for a few days last weekend.

Why was I so excited for her visit? Because she’s my sister, of course. And because no one else has the exact same sense of humor that I do. Together, we’re…well, we’re not normal.

Like how I got a purple pedicure to match her cell phone.



And how she was standing next to a tree in her handkerchief-y shirt and in unison we were all, “OMG AWKWARD SENIOR PHOTOS!” and proceeded to have a photo shoot in my front yard.



And how remarking on the 80s-looking headbands I bought that afternoon turned into reenacting an Olivia Newton John video, complete with an exasperated-but-used-to-it husband forced to pause in his photo duties while I retrieved dumbbells from the basement.



I miss her lots. And it was so nice to have her here. But perhaps it’s best she lives over past the Rockies. I don’t know if the world could handle the two of us together full-time.

3 comments:

punkinmama said...

You guys are adorable! Wish I had a sister to do silly things with!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP