Sunday, July 25, 2010

My hands look EXACTLY like my mother’s, but, sadly, I didn’t inherit her green thumb. Truth be told, I hate yard work and gardening, and tend to kill flowers while the weeds in my lawn flourish.

But a corner of my yard this summer contains a handful of basil and tomato plants. Why? Because of this:

2 cups basil leaves, rinsed and drained
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup pine nuts
½ cup grated parmesan

In food processor, blend oil, butter and garlic. Add basil and pine nuts. Blend. Add salt, pepper and parmesan. Blend until smooth. Makes 1 ½ cups.

Cook up a box of pasta, roast some pine nuts, and dice some just-picked roma tomatoes. Toss it all together, and fight the urge to yell “OMG I LOOOOOVE YOOOOU PESTO NOM NOM NOM” after every bite.

I think this is my very favorite thing to eat in the summer. For real, if it gets ME to garden, you know it’s pretty delicious.


Emily said...

Look at you, superstar! :) :) :) :)
Nicely done! That looks fantastic!
Way to go, chef.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

designHER Momma said...

will let you know how it turns out.

Emily said...

This picture has made me drool multiple times. :) :) :) :) :)

I bought some basil yesterday, and am hoping to whip up some pesto tonight or Friday!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by 2008

Back to TOP