Pesto-riffic!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My hands look EXACTLY like my mother’s, but, sadly, I didn’t inherit her green thumb. Truth be told, I hate yard work and gardening, and tend to kill flowers while the weeds in my lawn flourish.

But a corner of my yard this summer contains a handful of basil and tomato plants. Why? Because of this:

2 cups basil leaves, rinsed and drained
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup pine nuts
½ cup grated parmesan

In food processor, blend oil, butter and garlic. Add basil and pine nuts. Blend. Add salt, pepper and parmesan. Blend until smooth. Makes 1 ½ cups.

Cook up a box of pasta, roast some pine nuts, and dice some just-picked roma tomatoes. Toss it all together, and fight the urge to yell “OMG I LOOOOOVE YOOOOU PESTO NOM NOM NOM” after every bite.



I think this is my very favorite thing to eat in the summer. For real, if it gets ME to garden, you know it’s pretty delicious.

3 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Look at you, superstar! :) :) :) :)
YUM YUM YUM!
Nicely done! That looks fantastic!
Way to go, chef.
Hope you're having a good weekend.

designHER Momma said...

bookmarked.
noted.
will let you know how it turns out.

Emily Anne Carson said...

This picture has made me drool multiple times. :) :) :) :) :)

I bought some basil yesterday, and am hoping to whip up some pesto tonight or Friday!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP