Ice, Ice Baby

Thursday, June 17, 2010

This doesn’t look like it’s worth $1600, does it?

This ice pack kept our in vitro drugs cool as they were shipped to me, all in one big, needle-filled, overwhelming box. As I unpacked the bags and vials and Follistim pens, I grabbed the ice pack and tossed it in the freezer. “We paid over a thousand bucks for that ice pack,” I told Andy. “We are NOT throwing it away.”

Fast-forward almost four years, and I have two living children who enjoy picnics on their outings to the zoo or park or museum. Every time I pack up our lunch, I tuck that same ice pack in our cooler to keep our Diet Coke and hummus nice and cold. And every time we sit down mid-day for a break and a snack, I get a reminder of how far we’ve come, and how lucky we are today.

$1600? More like priceless.

5 comments:

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

I love that you kept it and still actively use it! -Mr. Blonde

designHER Momma said...

I love this post, I have a huge smile on my face. Does the ice pack have a name?

Amanda said...

I really like this post, one of my favorites.

the kringalings said...

Really goin' for your money's worth! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP