Chicago: Q & A

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I know it’s Tuesday already, but hey, how was your weekend? What did you do?

Well, I’ll tell you what I DIDN’T do.

I didn’t change a diaper.

I didn’t worry about naps.

I didn't play Elmo DVDs in the car.

I didn’t have to share my breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I didn’t have an audience whilst peeing.

So yeah, that’s great, but I asked what you DID do?

I went to Chicago for another fun girls’ weekend with childhood friends Beth and Tara.

I spent a crapload of money at IKEA.

I wondered what the big-eared mouse at Topo Gigio was all about.

I enjoyed the view.


I strolled down Michigan Avenue.

I ate my free sample at Ghirardelli while waiting on my chocolate chip ice cream.

I got lost on my way back from the bathroom even before I had a drink.


I laughed my ass off at The Second City and saw too much truth in the “always on your iPhone" skit.


I was always on my iPhone.

I woke up to the lake.


I got a lesson in Barcelona soccer at Niketown.

I wondered if other Battlestar Galactica fans laugh at this mirror.


I ate my first burger from Portillo’s, a bacon maple cupcake (yes, BACON) (yes, it was delicious), and pesto fried rice.


I got eyebrows at Barney’s.

I rode in a loop around the Loop in search of falafel.

Oh, that falafel was soooooooooo delicious wasn’t it?

Yeah, probably the best I’ve ever—wait a minute. Who are you? Who’s asking me these questions?

Um, it’s yourself.

Really? That’s kind of creepy. Also, why are you asking me about my weekend if you, I mean me, were there?

Hmmmm, I’m not sure. Why don’t we, I mean you, I mean me, grab another Diet Coke and continue our addiction with Words with Friends?

Sounds like a plan. You get the ice and I’ll get the iPhone?

Being mocked by Second City taught us nothing, did it?

No. No it did not.

1 comments:

punkinmama said...

Sounds amazing! Glad you had such a great weekend!

Maybe I'll see you on Words with Friends!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP