10

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Okay, I know we’re a week into the new year, but it’s not too late to do a decade-end review, is it? If we want to get really calendar-geeky technical, the new decade doesn’t start until next year, so in a way I’m a year early. So there.

Around New Year’s I found myself reading a lot of “best of the decade” lists, and got to thinking about all that happened during the decade. (Side note: did we ever decide what we’re calling it? The 00s? The two-thousands? The aughts?) I entered 2010 a completely different person than I was in 2000, in a number of different ways. The very worst and very best years of my life all happened during the past ten years.

Here are my numbers that add up to 10:

1 husband
2 apartments
2 houses
2 states
4 jobs
6 trips to
5 countries
11 trips to the lake
1 class reunion
1 wave from the Queen of England
7 email addresses
2 dogs
1 cat
5 cars
3 pregnancy losses
10 surgeries
2 rounds of IVF
2 sets of twins
2 shoe sizes
2 iMacs
4 library cards
11,700 photos (after switching to digital cameras)
1 blog

Thanks to each and every one of you who stop by this blog to see what I’m up to and to watch my children grow up. I hope the next decade’s numbers add up to all good things for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP