Our Weekend: Boring and Fun

Monday, March 2, 2009

Let’s get the boring out of the way:

Champaign makes me relaxed and sleepy; two naps were necessary on Saturday.

I started defrosting our freezer on Sunday, something that I have needed to do for oh, a couple of years now. It is as if Earth grew a third polar ice cap, which is now melting in my garage. I expect Al Gore to show up at my house at any moment.

I went to Kroger for the weekly grocery run. Dismayed at the lack of hummus in the Mediterranean olive bar/deli counter thing, I bought Nutella for Henry and Eleanor’s “dip.” Toddler chocolate/hazelnut breath is so, so, so, so, so much better than toddler garlic breath, by the way.

And now on to the fun:

We had a very nice trip home to Champaign. Andy’s mom is doing great, and it was a treat to spend time with Andy’s sister. The name “Aunt Virginia” proved to be a tongue-twister for Henry and Eleanor; Henry said Auntginia, while Eleanor just called her Aunt. Lots of lounging, laughing, and of course, photo-taking.

Julie hosted a girls’ weekend for some of her Nashville buddies, and I met them out for a late breakfast on Sunday. It was nice to be able to put faces to the names I’ve heard so much about, and get out of the house for some French toast and girl talk.

Henry and Eleanor were the best of friends Sunday afternoon. They let Andy and I watch the Illinois/Michigan State basketball game while they spent a few hours playing nicely together. I can’t begin to describe how heartwarming it was to see them huddled together at the train table, or cooking a meal of fake bananas together on the kitchen floor.







2 comments:

Shelley said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how long Eleanor's hair is getting! It looks so cute. Also.....wow, she looks just like you in a couple of those pictures! Glad to here Andy's mom is doing well and that you had a nice trip.

the kringalings said...

Love, love, love the last picture of you and Eleanor and Henry!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP