Week in Review

Saturday, January 10, 2009

After all the holiday celebrating, it’s been hard getting back into the routine of writing about our day-to-day lives. Let’s review this past week:

It was quite a social week for Mommy. On Monday night I attended my book club meeting. My book club is a group from my twins club; it meets every two months and we read fiction, non-fiction, and classics. Fun group, and a fun discussion. On Tuesday night I went for my yearly eye exam. I guess that’s not very social, but I really reeeeallllllly needed new contacts. Wednesday night was my twins club monthly Mom’s Night Out. I ate some gnocchi with pesto, and discussed mortgage refinancing and potty training. The first I’m excited about exploring, and the second I’m dreading.

Henry and Eleanor had a leisurely time at home until the end of the week. On Thursday morning we went to a fellow twin mom’s house for a fun playgroup with four other sets of twins, plus two older siblings. Henry giggled with joy as he played with a basketball hoop, and Eleanor was social but also enjoyed sitting on the couch next to Mom and watching the other kids play.

On Friday, I decided on a whim to head to the Children’s Museum. It was a little more crowded than I expected, but the babies and I still had fun. First we headed to the lower level to see the trains. Henry and Eleanor loved seeing all the model trains, but weren’t as sure about the huge, actual locomotive that’s on display. After trainspotting, we headed back to the toddler area that we enjoyed during our first trip to the museum. Henry and Eleanor got a kick out of the water table, spending most of their playtime there. There was also more sand pouring and scooping, and they crawled through a tunnel and played with some magnetic letters. They pulled a letter M off the wall and went, “M!” and I wanted to puff out my chest and say, “Did you hear that? Those are MY geniuses!” There was a diorama of birds that was near the ground, on the babies’ level, which Henry found extremely fascinating. He went back to it several times to crouch down and peer inside, at one point sitting up and yelling, “cock-a-doodle-doooooo!”

The “are they twins?” comments when we’re out in public have slowed down a little as Henry and Eleanor have grown into toddlers. But for some reason, on Friday I must have been asked that at least three or four times. I did notice that Henry and Eleanor seem to lack a sense of personal space when they are together. At the water table, they were often standing shoulder to shoulder. Most kids were spread out, so mine that were joined at the hip probably did stand out that day. Must be the twin bond!

And after one mom asked me “are they twins?” she continued to smile at Henry, who was splashing and being silly. “He’s quite a ham!” she told me with a smile on her face. I smiled back, thinking of Henry who was labeled early on as “the serious one.” Andy and I could always see that Henry had a silly side to him; he just was too busy observing and studying when others were around. I’m thrilled that other people are starting to enjoy the silliness that Andy and I knew was there.

Some photos:













1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hеya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

Take a look at my site ... boom trucks
my page > boom trucks

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP