Tagged/Honest Scrap

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I was just tagged by a fellow twin mom...

So, what does this award mean? It means – “leftovers, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over.” We tell it like it is and let the scraps fall where they may.


The rules of this lovely award/game of tag is as follows…
A) You must write 10 honest things about yourself that are interesting (of course, right?)
B) Pass the award along to 7 other bloggers that you feel embodies the spirit of Honest Scrap.

1) Things that make me really, really happy: my kiddos, my husband, my family, my friends, broadband internet, peanut butter, Diet Coke, Target, reading, my hometown, Dansko clogs, falafel, pools, Mario Kart, crocheting/knitting, Ambien, taking photos, European junk food, Eddie Bauer, Glen Lake, high-definition TV, fonts, all Apple products, naps

2) Things that fill me with hatred: Walmart, my reproductive system, Rachel Ray, “Kokomo” by the Beach Boys, how slowly people drive on Mattis Street in Champaign, bullshit sand hikes, M.A.S.H., homophobia, the word “moist,” capers

3) Things that make me scared: the dark, thunderstorms, the economy, wind, spiders, the realization that Henry and Eleanor will grow up and leave home some day

4) I wouldn’t trade my current life for the world, but some days being a stay-at-home mom is harder/more mind-numbing than I thought it would be, and sometimes I miss working more than I expected.

5) I looooooooooooove to travel; it’s been hard knowing I haven’t left the Midwest since the babies were born, and my passport has sat, unused, since November of 2006. If we had the extra money, I’d love to jet off to Paris or a beach somewhere with Andy for a few days.

6) If I found a magic lamp, and the genie would only grant practical wishes instead of the usual ones like “world peace” or “more wishes,” I’d ask for new windows for my house, a tummy tuck, and a weekly cleaning service. I also wouldn’t complain if the genie threw in an iPhone.

7) The older I get, the more I appreciate the fact that I grew up in a small town.

8) The best day of my life was the day Henry and Eleanor were born; the best week of my life was spent in Paris with Andy in April 2006; the best month of my life was spending most of May 1996 in Europe (see #5, I loves me some travel); and the best year of my life is a tie between 2007 & 2008.

9) I eat a peanut butter sandwich for lunch almost every day.

10) I took piano lessons for ten years growing up, and violin lessons for a year or two after college. I’d love to have a good singing voice; my secret dream job would be to star on Broadway as Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar.

I'm off to tag some other bloggers!

1 comments:

Shelley said...

I've never met anyone else who also hates the word "moist". I've been made fun of for this for years. I've always liked you, but now I really know why. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP