Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Saturday, November 22, 2008

How is the weekend half over already? Let’s see, what have I been doing the past few days…

Thursday night was bingo night with Julie and Marcy. I was happy to get out of the house after a day of WHINE WHINE WHINE from Henry and Eleanor. Julie won one of the door prizes (a free week’s worth of bingo), and when they called her name, the three of us screamed in unison, at the exact same pitch, and raised our arms in the air in the exact same way. Yeah, we’re related.

Friday was the first day that we all felt fully recovered from the stomach flu. I could tell that Henry and Eleanor were in much better spirits. They played a round of “scream and run up and down the hall,” so I knew they were feeling much better. We all ate non-cracker food and enjoyed being happy and healthy.

Today I’ve been extra sleepy, Henry and Eleanor have been extra fussy, and poor Andy’s probably extra ready to get away from us. I meant to clean the house, but slept in late and took a nap instead. The babies were alternately charming or crying about something. Andy raked leaves and I went to the grocery store. Pretty exciting.

Some random bits:

Henry really enjoys eating with his spoon. He had a container of yogurt this afternoon, and sat in his chair for almost an hour, scooping away. “What a big boy! You ate the whole thing by yourself! Are you ready to get down and play?” I’d ask. “No,” Henry would say, shaking his head and scooping up some tiny molecule of yogurt.

There is a stuffed duck hanging on the wall above the changing table. Lately, when I change Eleanor’s diaper, she spends a minute or two pointing at the duck, then pointing at me. “Quack quack quack quack!” (point) “Maaaaaaaaaaaaah” (point) “Quack quack quack quack!” (point) “Maaaaaaaaaaaaah” (point). She doesn’t do this with Daddy; I’m not sure how ducks and mothers got equated in her head.

A few baby photos to round out this post:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP