Today in Haiku

Monday, October 13, 2008

Since today consisted of packing and riding in the car, I'll make it sound fancier by describing it in haiku.

Quick story that won't fit into a 5-7-5 format: Eleanor has never been a hand-holder. And I mean never. Even as a pre-walker, when most babies like to grasp fingers and walk around, she refused. But tonight Mom and I had the babies out in the yard, and several times Eleanor ran up to Grandma and held her hand and started walking. At 18 months, I finally saw Eleanor hold hands for the first time!

Without further ado, here's some haiku (I'm a poet and don't know it!):

Ikea table,
chairs and dresser assembled
by my handy dad

Unpack from weekend
turn around and pack again
head to Carterville

Loaded up the trunk
Did we forget anything?
Yes, the pack-and-play.

Babies were so good
during five hour car trip
stuffed them full of snacks

Pancakes for supper
then play time in the front yard
until time for bath

A relaxing week
at home getting spoiled by
Grandma and Grandpa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP