What I Learned in Saint Louis

Sunday, May 30, 2010

(Okay, so I was actually in St. Louis last weekend, and meant to tell you about it sooner. Instead I got bronchitis. But anyway.)

Even in the same town as the source, Budweiser tastes watery.


Big-ass Clydesdales are cute.


Big-ass koi, on the other hand, freak me OUT.


The Arch seems taller than the Eiffel Tower, but it isn’t.


Animatronic people? Creepy.


It’s nice to stop and smell the roses.


They tell you two samples at the brewery, but they don’t mean it.


The world needs more statues of the man who invented what I eat for lunch every day.


Add Chihuly to the list of Artists Whose Talent I Admire But Whose Art All Looks The Same to Me (see also: Frank Gehry).


I found my thrill at Blueberry Hill.


Weekends away with Andy need to happen more often than once every two years.


If you leave the kids with Grandma and Grandpa, they won’t even notice you’re gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh out loud!! too funny! can't wait for you to visit portland, HOLY CRAP THERE ARE SO MANY HUGE ROSE BUSHES EVERYWHERE in every single persons yard~ i stop to smell a rose literally almost every single day -- LIL SIS xo

punkinmama said...

Those are great pics! But of course, I have to ask what you eat for lunch every day!

Flesworthy said...

Thanks for the kind photo words! And my lunchtime routine usually includes peanut butter--the statue is of my hero, George Washington Carver.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP