We interrupt our regularly scheduled photos of my kids to bring you photos of lumber

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our deck is at least as old as I am. (According to my dad; something about plank thickness or how the wood was cut—look, I’m all hopped up on new allergy meds and wasn’t exactly listening, but the man built his own airplane so if he tells me my deck could be original to the house I believe him.)



I think for our age I’ve fared way better. The old deck had deteriorated enough that using it became a game of “let’s see how much I can make it wobble by walking on it!” or, my favorite, “I wonder if these stairs will collapse as I climb them!”

So my dad’s in town this week to build us a new one. He’s replacing this:



with this:



And after we’re done working hard…







…okay, after some of us are done working hard we’ll have a new space to enjoy and share. The new deck fits in perfectly with my plan to make our house more a home this year. You’ll join me for a beer on it when it’s done, won’t you?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Nope, but I'll take a margarita!

Anonymous said...

I'll bring you a Stella or two! deal?
Cindy

Flesworthy said...

Stellas & margaritas? Yum! Why didn't we get a new deck sooner?

Mrs. Blonde said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see it all done!!! cute pic of kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you how stinkin' cute you are? Cause you are.

The deck sounds like the perfect way to make your house a home! We re-did our a couple years ago, and despite the cost and the headaches it entailed, it turned out to be one of the best things we did - I love eating dinner out there in the summer and kicking my feet up and watching the kids play.

Emily Anne Carson said...

SPECTACULAR! :) :) :) :) :)

Your dad is so fantastic.

I hope you are in the midst of a terrific weekend!

designHER Momma said...

Did you just invite me over for a beer? Ok, I guess...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP