Last Weekend: Business Time

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am way behind on blogging. It’s almost the weekend, and I haven’t told you about last weekend yet, so how about a recap?

Okay, so last weekend was busy, busy, busy. My twins club had their semi-annual sale on Friday night and Saturday. I was on the committee, and had a table at the sale, so there was a lot of twins-based activity happening. On Friday evening the sale was open only to parents of multiples. It was so fun to coo at all the strollers containing twin babies, but then oh, so nice to go home and get a full night’s sleep. Babies plus getting rid of our baby gear made me miss those infant days, but you know what? I think I’m enjoying the kid stage more than the feed-me-every-four-hours stage.

Saturday morning found me back at the sale, where I unloaded most of the rest of my baby items. After packing up, I headed home, bitched about how tired I was, and then got back in the car to head to Bloomington with Andy. We were celebrating our anniversary with tickets to the Flight of the Conchords concert. Haven’t heard of them? They’re from New Zealand, are hilarious, have a show on HBO, and seriously, go put their Season 1 DVD on your Netflix queue right now. Go on. I’ll wait.

Are you back? So anyway, we arrived on the IU campus a little early so we could grab a bite to eat beforehand. We had a slightly weird combo of a) the best mozzarella sticks I’ve ever had and a beer at a campus bar and b) delicious Indian food at a kinda fancypants Indian restaurant that took a while to prepare our food, making us a little concerned about getting to the concert on time. Full of cheese and lentils and curry, we headed across campus to the concert. Despite not playing a few of our favorites, the concert was still a lot of fun and funny, too, and even contained a marriage proposal of the sound guy to his girlfriend during the encore.

After the concert Andy and I enjoyed a nighttime stroll back to our car. We passed by a party in full swing, complete with the requisite Natural Ice and Keystone boxes strewn about the front yard. And I felt my age watching all the girls heading out for a night on the town. It was a warm night so all the gals had busted out their summer dresses. I wanted to yell to them “GO PUT ON SOME PANTS!” Listen, ladies, here’s the deal: I am all for dressing slutty in college. You are young and cute and you need to show it off now before you get old and have babies that leave you with stretch marks and cellulite down to your knees. But seriously, two extra inches of fabric will still look cute, and will actually resemble a dress rather than “oops did I just flash you my hoo-ha?” You are in college. You should look like you are smart enough to remember to put on pants.

Our weekend fun was made possible by my mom, who came up to watch Henry and Eleanor while Andy and I were off cavorting about. I love seeing the kids around my mom; both kids are enamored of her, but Eleanor especially worships her. Eleanor wanted Grandma to sit by her, to read her books, to change her diaper. At lunch on Sunday, Eleanor kept turning to Grandma, patting her chest, looking up at her and saying, “Grandma.” At one point she even laid her head on Grandma’s shoulder. Grandma definitely trumps Mommy, but that’s the way it should be, isn’t it?

1 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Great picture!

Sounds like you had so much fun.

Also, that 'add 2 inches to your dress' advice is wonderful. lol. I hope some of those scantily-clad ladies also happen to read your blog!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP